Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

 

 
 

 

Columbia County Health System takes a proactive approach to aging in our community's

 

 

There is a large shift from nursing home care to Home and Community care. In 1992 Washington State Medicaid served 36,649 clients with 47% of them living in a nursing home setting. Step forward to 2017 and Medicaid is now serving 65,336 clients with only 15% living in nursing homes with the remaining 85% living at home supported through Home and Community based services.

 

As our community's needs change, we are moving to fill those needs with programs meant to keep our residents in their homes longer and safer. We are partnering with local Aging and Long Term Care agencies, the Senior Center, and our coordinated care teams to proactively improve health and quality of life. Programs like palliative care and soon our "Memory Cafe" are meant to engage the people living and aging wonderfully in our cities to ensure that each persons unique quality of life goals are documented, understood and met!

 

To read the recent article in the Walla Walla Union Bulletin, Please follow this link: "Senior Center a community hub in Columbia County."